CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 7, 2011

Third time around is a charm

Our ultrasound appointment was cancelled TWICE in a matter of two days.  The second time it was cancelled James and I had already checked in at the front desk and we were just waiting to be called to see the doctor....oh we got called alright, back up to the front desk to tell us that the doc had been called into the OR.


They could squeeze us in a little later with a nurse practitioner...after all I really didn't care who I saw just as long as they could tell me the gender and if the baby looked good.  Checking in for the second time that day. I calmly (as calmly as I could be at that point) asked if my ultrasound was still on if I wasn't seeing my regular doctor.  Nope, they didn't have any record of me having an ultrasound that day.  Apparently I was supposed to tell them last month to make an ULTRASOUND appointment not just any old appointment.  Would have been good to know, I don't know, say maybe last month?

All in all, they got us in for just a gender check.  I was already pretty emotional and James was so good at making sure I kept it together.  Everyone in our family thought it was a boy.  I didn't know what to think but I was hoping for a girl.  To see those tiny little hands and feet kick around was pretty amazing.  The tech finally said, well there it is, "Three Lines".....she paused and didn't say anything else and I'm thinking, OK.....AND?  You are having a baby girl.  When I heard her say that I couldn't really say anything, the whole day had been so overwhelming to me.  I can't even describe how very happy and grateful I felt in that moment.

I already started shopping and looking for things online that night......James glanced over and said, "oh geez, here we go".  :)

Our number one name is Gertie, thoughts?




5 comments:

  1. Gertie wasn't on the list you told me... Cute blog, took me back to the day when I got my baby news! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana I'm so excited for you and your baby girl! I love the profile picture and the picture of her little hand. Wasn't it amazing watching her move around? There's actually a little person in there! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby names:

    rain
    wonder
    thunder
    hilda
    delilah
    gouda

    there's more where these came from...

    ReplyDelete