CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

28 feels pretty great

James' birthday was July 24th.  I had been thinking about what I would do for his birthday months ago.  The first year we were together, James and I took a road trip to Chicago for a birthday weekend.  I probably shouldn't have started out with a weekend getaway to an awesome city because it is really hard to beat. 

So instead I decided I would give him a little stay-cation for his birthday.  We went to Captain America sat. afternoon and then drove dt Minneapolis to check into a hotel!  For dinner we went to the Melting Pot....my parents gave James a gift certificate there so it worked out rather well.  It was absolutely delicious and just something different.  Not to mention James and I have been talking about going there since we first started dating. 






We were able to sleep in the next morning and take our time getting ready.  I made reservations at Hell's Kitchen which has their famous lemon ricotta pancakes.  James and I tried something different and it was all so good. Our Waiter had on one piece sock monkey pj's....James said "now Marla would appreciate this:)"   I don't think Hell's is ever not crowded.  After lunch we made our way to the beautiful Target Field for the Twins game.  They played Detroit.....I was hoping they could pull off a win in honor of James' birthday but no such luck.  We had awesome weather and wait for it.........we got on the big TV!  Yep, we are famous now:)

3 comments:

  1. man! next time i am coming on james' birthday excusions! i'll sleep right in the middle of you two and wear my sock monkey pjs.

    happy birthday james! i have your present! it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How'd you get on the big TV? Were you caught kissing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I really hope Matt never reads this post because you put my party planning to shame! That sounds like the best birthday ever and Hell's Kitchen . . . yes please. Happy Birthday James!

    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete