CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Berry great day of strawberry pickin'

Ryan and Katie LOVE to hang out with James and I.  They had a great idea to go to the strawberry farm and pick strawberries.  I loved that idea.....James wasn't as excited as I was though:)  The field smelled so good and the berries were beautiful.

It was pretty easy to spend a few bucks.  Ryan and Katie filled TWO big bins and James and I filled one.  We bought over 30 pounds of strawberries all together.  The whole time I was picking I thought of my dear sweet Clover who is obsessed with strawberries.  She would have loved coming with us...although I don't know if she would have been much help actually "picking" the berries instead of her eating them.

We enjoyed a strawberry shake...and it was a good shake at that.  It felt good after sweating in the fields.



Strawberry jam here we come!

2 comments:

  1. So we may have gone a little overboard on picking...if anybody wants strawberry freezer jam, we have more then enough. It turns out 30 lbs of strawberries makes like 24 pints of jam with some berries left over. But it was fun either way. Jana, email Katie or myself the photos... I forgot to do that yesterday.

    ReplyDelete