CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

UFF DA!




Could I have eaten anymore of my delicious ham and cheese sandwiches that James and I made to bring to our Christmas lunch?  I know, I am bragging about my cooking, but seriously they were a hit!  Considering I don't bake I was pleased as punch about it.  Why oh why does there have to be so many amazing dishes on Christmas.  It just doesn't seem fair.

Our family gathered at the Kucera home and this year we decided to bring a white elephant gift instead of gifts which made it a lot easier for all of us.  I have more than enough stuff in the house that I will never use so it was the perfect opportunity to wrap it up and get it out!  When I think of white elephant gifts the first thing that comes to mind is, well....junk. Surprisingly enough there were a lot of great white elephant gifts!  James and I brought home a back massage thingy, an ornament and a s'mores kit.  I kept telling James to go for the Caribou gift card but he insisted on going for the s'mores kit....boys.
 

It wouldn't be Christmas without admiring Marla's many eclectic styles.  This Christmas was quite the sight:)  I don't know if I would have been able to pull it off, but she pulls it off, every. single. time. BRAVO Marla!!

Stuffed and on to the next place.  Byron, Minnesota.  We packed up which included Otis and headed south. Otis really enjoys his time at the Walbruch home because he has 4 cats to play with....yes. FOUR.  Actually I should say he has four cats to annoy.  They are not fond of him at all and they hiss and scratch at him quite frequently but he always goes back for more.  We sat down in the living room and opened our presents.  It was fun to watch everyone see what they got and enjoy each others company. 

Kate was nice enough to get up with me early the next morning and partake in the after Christmas sales....for some reason, James just wasn't interested in coming with us, neither were the rest of the boys.  I just don't get it.  We found some pretty good deals, some things I didn't really need, but I got anyway, James was thrilled.  I was thrilled, hence we were all thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a great first Christmas for Jsquared! Hopefully I'll make it into the New Years blog posting, although I'm not gonna wear any crazy clothes!

    ReplyDelete